Whether you are a corporate executive, an artist, a homemaker, a student, retired, or starting out; from adolescent to senior, from sedentary to elite athlete, Heidi will meet you one-to-one to help create an action plan that will help you move toward your wellness goals.
One-on-one individual consultations can be arranged by contacting The Women's Sports Medicine Center at the Hospital For Special Surgery at 212-606-1345.
Contributor To National Media
Heidi frequently appears on national media outlets an an expert on the latest-breaking nutrition-related stories, evergreen nutrition, and general lifestyle segments.
Speaker / Presenter
Heidi is available to speak on a wide variety of nutrition topics. Whether speaking to a group of ten or 1000, her energetic and personal style engages the audience and provides actionable real life information. She customizes a presentation to meet the needs of her audience.
Heidi can help deliver the message you want out there and is happy to fit into your format. However creative you want to get, whether it is a desk side editor's chat, a satellite TV, web or radio tour, speaking to the science behind the product or the attributes of your product, to the public, to media, within industry.
Sports Teams Nutrition Consulting
Leveraging her expertise and practical experience, Heidi offers a variety of options when working with sports teams and personalizes her services and approach based on the need of the organization. She works closely with the medical and strength and conditioning staffs to provide a comprehensive approach to the well being and performance of the athletes. Services include:
- Team Education – Heidi conducts presentations and workshops for athletes and/or coaches, and develops materials and interactive displays on topics such as nutrient timing, recovery, hydration, training diets, pre- and post-game meals, protein, carbohydrate and/or fat needs, vitamin and minerals, stocking your kitchen or dorm room, supplements, snacking and eating on the road.
- One-on-One Counseling – The individual needs of players are met through one-on-one counseling and range in topics from nutrition to maximize sports performance to weight management.
- Health Committee Member and Advisor – Working with sports medicine team, Heidi serves on health committees that oversee policy and athlete case management.
- Cooking Classes – For athletes who find themselves living on their own for the first time, Heidi assists with teaching the basics of grocery shopping and cooking.
- Resting Metabolic Rate Assessment – Heidi is able to measure resting metabolic rate to better estimate caloric needs during training, off-season or rehabilitation.
- Coaches Clinics – Heidi will answer questions and help highlight, illustrate, and clarify the top sports nutrition topics that are top of mind for coaches, athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches and/or medical staff.
- Training Table Coordination – Heidi works with the cooking staff to develop a training table and menu that meets that needs of athletes and tastes great.
Heidi consults with industry on trends, ingredients, positioning and promotion.
A partial list of clients include:
- GoGo squeeZe
- Au Bon Pain (Advisory Board member)
- Pepsi Co (snack division)
- Quaker Oatmeal
- Milk PEP
- Florida Citrus Board
- KIND Bars
Columnist / Editor
In addition to having been a contributing editor to Men's Health and Self magazines, Heidi has authored two columns: "Ask the Weight Loss Coach" for Men's Health and "Food Guru" in Self Magazine.
Areas of Expertise
- Sports Nutrition: team and individuals
- Eating for Enhanced Performance
- Metabolic Fitness
- Weight Management
- Health Promotion & Wellness
- Longevity & Diet
- Fitness & Exercise
- Female Athlete Triad
- Nutrition Therapy for lowering cholesterol, hypertension and regulating blood sugar
- Child Nutrition